Sunday 8 May 2011

Crack Food-Couples' guide to budget dates.

Forget uptown restaurants! Eating out has gone mobile in the silliest way, crack food is the possible new romantic trend. Introducing, minatlana(chicken feet) and dikilana(gizzards). These are my new addictions and its such a delicious sin because you do not have to dress up with your hair and make-up done to enjoy this date, you do not have to make reservations in fear of having no space to dine and you get to star gaze if the sky is clear enough. These mobile restaurants are at many a street corner and comprise of a miniature braai stand, a shady looking chef who looks someone who has been in a police line-up and the semi-cooked chicken feet or gizzards. You and your date find a street corner that a friend has recommended you try or one you stumble upon. Upon arrival you find 'shady chef' sitting on an empty beer crate stoking the coals of his braai stand and you place an order. He then puts the semi-cooked delicacy back on the stand to cook it it thoroughly so you may enjoy a hot meal. Now the make it or break it of this meal depends on his secret marinate which pops out of nowhere in a broken plastic container. This marinate, which he applies to his product with a paint brush, looks like a mixture of everything lol,and I have concluded that there must be crack cocaine in it because how does a rational-minded person make a conscious decision to eat all that? Maybe I am a lil crackish and am only following my crackish nature to lead me into temptation or maybe the talents of my 'shady chef deserve a lil more credit than I am willing to acknowledge. Whatever the reasons for my going back, addicted is what I am and will proudly attend my C.F.G.A (Chicken Feet and Gizzards Anomnymous) meetings with a smile on my face and tell of all the adventures experienced while making romance work on a shoestring budget. Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Haha Classic_Dicey mara wena i swear your crazy_its Vic by the way_

    ReplyDelete