Tuesday 7 June 2011

VARUSHKA-My winter blanket, my weave.

Yes, I always, without fail, pose like this lol
So I have a weave...here is her story. Varushka and I met under stressful situations.I had a game performance and desperately needed a quick-fix hair do and she had been imprisoned in her packaging for a long time without a head to call her home. I would say that we both needed a friend. I went to the salon a lil apprehensive, I have not had weave in over a year and was not sure if I would make the right hair choice. The salon owner greets me warmly, of course he does lol, and we proceed to talk hair. He brings me three samples and immediately I fell in love with all fourteen inches of Varushka's awesomeness!!! She is soft to the touch, has a sun-kissed brown highlight and she reminds me of spring and sun dresses. I must have her. Now this is where I realize that I am an amateur weavist-the salon owner tells me that I will need to use two packets of Varushka and it will set me back a good R480.00. LMAO, any one in their right mind would have seen through the lie immediately. Firstly, fourteen inch weaves in a single packet alone will cover your head and you will still have a little bit extra to make a skirt, so imagine how much of a struggle it was to try fit all two packets on my head?! The poor hairstylist was being tasked the hardest trying to weave twenty eight inches of hair on my  head and mind you I do not have the smallest head but we ran out of surface area fast. Fast forward to two weeks later and these are the pros and cons of trying to wear twenty eight inches of hair; Winter cannot touch you lol, instant glamour and I never struggle to get dolled up when going out, boyfriend has a new toy to play with and I am a total camera whore lol-facebook will be forever changed with my influx of uploads. On the other hand, I take hours to get to sleep at night because that is the only time Varushka itches like mad, I had to move the bang from the right hand to the left because it gives me terrible headaches when I catch Varushka out the corner of my eye,and boyfriend complains that new toy is leaving its DNA everywhere-this hair breaks the realest. The long and short of it is that me and my Varushka live in a symbiotic love-hate relationship. She has cut down my preparation time by half and I make it on time to my meetings and I have a companion to whip back and forth in the clubs. The beginning of a long and beneficial relationship perhaps?

2 comments:

  1. love the outfit.
    hehehehe shoes looks like mine.

    www.msvanvee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha we should take our shoes on a date one time.

    ReplyDelete